You don’t have to sweat, heck, don’t even leave the room. Take 10 minutes, enough room to swing your arms without hitting anyone or anything around you, and a positive attitude. Let’s get the ball rolling, here’s my ball warm-up.
Supplies: $8 bouncing ball
The Movements (done till boredom, but enough to get full range of motion. If you have pain during a movement STOP and find a medical professional to evaluate you):
• Over-Head Deep Squat. With the ball over your head slowly squat down as far as you can go, make sure you keep your feet wide and with your knees pointed forward and maintain a straight line through your back.
• Chest Pass. Find a wall, lay down on your back, or bug a buddy and toss the ball back and forth. Start with the ball at your chest. • Hurdle Step to Lunge. Ball overhead, standing straight, start by taking a high knee then slowly lower leg to a forward lunge. Try a side lunge to stretch laterally.
• Side Twist or Fish Toss. Stand straight with your legs slightly spread apart, find a target at your side (something you can through your ball to). Turning your torso while tossing the ball at your target.
• Hand Dribble. Ever play basketball? Dribble the ball with your hands, alternate between left and right.
• Foot Dribble. Find a wall or buddy and kick the ball back and forth.
• Straight leg Ham Stretch. Standing straight or sitting on the ground, stretch down and touch your toes. Use the ball if you can’t reach with your hands.
•Overhead Tri Stretch. Taking the ball overhead reach back behind your head until the ball touches the back of neck.
Functional Fire Attack Workouts
EMS Protocol Workouts